International & Domestic Travel Exams and Health Certificates

Whether you are preparing for a residential move or planning on bringing your furry companion along during a vacation, in most cases you will need a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI). Also known as a health certificate, these documents allow you to transport your pet by air or car across state lines and internationally.

Dog DiagnosticsThe Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is a requirement regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) as a way to prevent unlawful transportation of animals and the spread of infectious diseases.

South Auburn Veterinary Hospital is one of the veterinary clinics that can provide these certificates. We can also help you determine additional vaccinations that may be required to keep your pet safe while away.

Because each destination country varies in regards to the import of pets, we recommend doing your research well in advance of travel and reviewing the safest options for pet travel. If traveling to Hawaii or a foreign country, travel documents can take considerable time and planning to acquire.

Regulating Agencies

For more information on what you require for the transport of your pet, visit the USDA website for Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).

If you are traveling abroad, you will need to contact your destination country’s consulate or embassy for requirements. A listing of consulates can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.